- 2 Pounds Cubed Beef or Stew Beef
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Half of a White Onion
- 4 Potatoes Peeled and Chopped into Spoon-Sized Chunks
- 2 Bags of Mixed Vegetables
- 2 Cans Diced Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- Basil, Rosemary, and Any Other Herbs You Prefer
Step 1: Add 3 tablespoons of oil to a stew pot on medium-high heat dice onions and toss them in with crushed garlic once the pan is hot. Allow those to caramelize for about 10 minutes on low heat.
Step 2: Add in stew beef and cook until brown on the outside some pink showing. Add 1 cup of red wine and herbs. Allow that to cook on a low boil for 30 minutes.
Step 3: Add frozen vegetables, potatoes, and tomatoes. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper. Using the tomato can measure and add two cans of water. Turn the heat on high until the contents come to a rolling boil. Then reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
Step 4: Serve hot!